Wardens of the West
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Wardens of the West

Landroval Server

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Greencompany Alliance

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Bason Bo

Greencompany Alliance Empty
PostSubject: Greencompany Alliance   Greencompany Alliance Icon_minitimeSun Oct 19, 2008 1:46 pm

Wardens of the West,
I am writing you to request an alliance on behalf of the Green Company, a sister company to the Gray Rangers. We are a mixed company comprised of Elves and Free Peoples throughout Middle-earth. In these dire times, foes of the Enemy must rally together and support each other if they intend to survive. I urge you to consider an alliance with the Green Company so that we may protect Eriador from the shadow that threatens to overtake her.

Bason, son of Borion, Ambassador of the Green Company

((Hey there! I heard of you guys from Corinthil and a few of my kinmates. I'd like to propose an alliance between our two kinships so that we may intertwine our storylines and ideas. Maybe we could also team up to enter the Moors and do raids. However, we primary offer RP as we're not as focused on the PvMP and Raiding concepts of the game. We generally always have a kinship-wide storyline going on and we intertwine our character's individual stories into it. It's cool when we have another kinship cross paths with us during the story. So, what do you say?))
Back to top Go down
Aroeth

Aroeth

PostSubject: Green Company Alliance   Greencompany Alliance Icon_minitimeFri Oct 24, 2008 12:22 pm

Hello Bason. Many thanks for thinking of us!

I've always enjoyed adventuring with everyone I've met from the Green Company, so I don't have any trouble offering an enthusiastic thumbs up to an alliance (although, I admit I don't know what that means in technical terms within the game.) My only main concern is that the point sounds like it would be for roleplaying and we only dip into roleplaying on the odd occasion and spend most of our time out of character. We are a bit more involved with raiding and getting quests and books done for people. Provided that the Green Company were willing to lower their high RP standards a bit while dealing with us (at least until we get into shape) then I think it might actually be quite a complimentary arrangement for those among us who like to RP now and then. But I guess that's the main question. Does forming an alliance create a new /alliance channel for chat? Could that be reserved for RP? Certainly our kinship chat is predominantly OOC and I don't see that changing. How do you use your current kinship chat? Would setting a player's RP flag be acceptable as a way to indicate whether they are "actually there" or not? How do you handle it if someone is not in the mood for RP?

I played FFXI in a roleplay guild for a year and a half and had a lot of fun, but I'm not sure I'm game for that same level of commitment again. The drama and the time spent sitting by a lake despairing about love, life, and where so-and-so is and what might be eating him at the moment (literally or figuratively) can be very time consuming. Smile

Anyway, I'll mention it to the kin (since the odds of them finding this post are slim) and see what people think. Smile
Back to top Go down
Bason

PostSubject: Re: Greencompany Alliance   Greencompany Alliance Icon_minitimeSun Oct 26, 2008 9:14 am

Well, we and our allies usually use our own /greencompany chat channel to talk and such. We talk with brackets in there for OCC things and without brackets for RP. RP in the chat channel is usually light, but we sometimes post in it for our actual RP meetings when we have people scattered around the regions and it's important for them to hear what's going on. Same goes for our own kinship chat.

With RP flagging, some people do it, others don't. I don't always do it myself. If you show up at one of our meetings, or I at yours, I'm just going to Rp like you're there. If I see you in the streets of Bree, I'll probably wave at you and say a greeting or something. If you don't feel like RPing, then you can tell us so. Just send them a tell.

As for RP standards, we aren't elitest. We don't mind that you take a light approach to RP. We've been known to take creative licenses with our RP in relation to the known lore. For example, there is a pub in the shire that we occasionally visit because we have a relationship of sorts with the bartender. I forgot how that relationship got started because it happened before I joined the Company. Lol.
Back to top Go down
Calandil

Calandil

PostSubject: Re: Greencompany Alliance   Greencompany Alliance Icon_minitimeSun Oct 26, 2008 11:34 pm

Hey all!

Be sure to check out the Green Company's website at http://thegreencompany.guildportal.com

However, any events for alliance raids should be posted both on their site and on ours.
Back to top Go down
Ardra

PostSubject: Re: Greencompany Alliance   Greencompany Alliance Icon_minitimeMon Oct 27, 2008 12:30 am

Just to chime in with Bason, we heard wonderful things about Wardens of the West from Corinthil, and my conversation with Mellandall was awesome : ). While I understand most of your guys only engage in light RP, we would want you to know you are welcome to join us for RP anytime (it helps if you can give me some heads up) but no matter your level of RP you are free to come play with us hehe. Also, we'd love to invite you all to join us on our custom channel that we share with some of our allies at /joinchannel greencompany. If you ever need some extra hands on a quest, its a quick and easy way to let our guys know : ). I know on the questing end, alot of our guys have wanted to start doing more quests and raids, which we can't always manage for various reasons ranging from scheduling to numbers, but if you have raids or quests that you need extra numbers on, feel free to call on us : )

Just wanted to chime in. BTW I tripped across your kin-hall in our neighborhood of Gilithlin. Very nice place! Lots of dead animals hehe....

As always, I understand when kins want to take it slow when it comes to alliances. We're the same way, so if this is a kin-to-kin relationship you wish to take in slow strides, that is fine and feel free to contact Bason or myself (Ardra / Jael) with any questions that I can help you with.

Cheers!

-Ardra, Captain of The Green Company
Back to top Go down
Aroeth

Aroeth

PostSubject: Re: Greencompany Alliance   Greencompany Alliance Icon_minitimeMon Oct 27, 2008 4:41 pm

Thanks so much for your interest and warm comments! I joined your channel last night and encouraged a few others to do the same. Hopefully we'll start to interact a bit more through that and get to know your names (as a start) so we can wave and chit chat when we bump into you. We're also quite keen on wrapping up the Epic quest lines these days, so hopefully we can drag any who are interested along.

How many people do you have on at once on a busy night? Do you think there would be interest in a Rift run (12) or BG or Annuminas instances (6)? I, personally, would love to try to put together a Helegrod group (24), but that might be a bit ambitious to start.

Anyhow, I'll make a point of saying hello in there and letting people know what we're up to as a start. Hanging out together is probably the best way to get things happening on the RP front. Smile
Back to top Go down
Bason

PostSubject: Re: Greencompany Alliance   Greencompany Alliance Icon_minitimeTue Oct 28, 2008 8:30 pm

Yeah, agree. We should get to know each other before things get "serious" so to speak. =) We have quite an interest in Annuminas runs. There was one just last night I believe. I'm not sure about the Rift or Helegrod, but I know some of our people hang out there quite a bit.
Back to top Go down
Galadhen
Admin
Galadhen

PostSubject: Re: Greencompany Alliance   Greencompany Alliance Icon_minitimeThu Oct 30, 2008 4:43 am

Thank you for your interest Green Company!

I think an alliance with the Green Company would be very beneficial. However, having recently resigned as leader, the decision is now in the hands of Calandil. Ardra and myself have spoken a few times about having a meet and greet a while back, which never fell through on my part. I should also mention, for all who don't already know, the Green Company and the Wardens of the West reside in the same community of Gilithlin, which is an added bonus!

Just a little background for our Green Company guests. Our kinship was formed about a year ago by six of us looking to help each other and share adventures. The primary focus of the kinship is to have a helpful and friendly environment. All of our members are extremely generous with their resources and more importantly with their time.

We do consider ourselves a Light RP Kinship, which in our standards means we are open to RP if the event arises, but it isn't a requirement by any means. I will admit however that we haven't done much roleplaying simply because we are focused on helping each other through the game. We also try to enforce our original name policy, although there are a couple names which are controversial. Personally I like to use brackets to speak in OOC as well.

We have had a few offers for alliances in the past which both Calandil and myself have reject simply because the kinships were either too performance driven or lacked any RP element, but I think the Green Company would be a great kinship to ally with. Thank you again for your interests and I hope to meet very soon (I've joined the channel).
Back to top Go down
Solaniel

Solaniel

PostSubject: Re: Greencompany Alliance   Greencompany Alliance Icon_minitimeWed Nov 05, 2008 3:42 pm

HA! what a nice and unexpected surprise!

It has been too long since this elf sat down with a pint to talk about his recent adventures.

I, for one, am looking forward to meet you Fellows of the Green.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Greencompany Alliance   Greencompany Alliance Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Greencompany Alliance
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Wardens of the West :: Lord of the Rings :: Recruits & Alliances-
Jump to: